Dr. Tom Murphy, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Sheep Production111 Animal Bioscience Building
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59717
Phone: (406) 994-3736
Fax: (406) 994-5589
EducationB.S. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Animal Science, 2010
M.S. University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Animal Science - Breeding and Genetics, 2012
Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Animal Sciences - Breeding and Genetics, 2016
ClassesANSC 222 Livestock in Sustainable Systems
ANSC 432 Sheep Management
- developing tools to increase the adoption rate and ease-of-use of genetic evaluation programs for sheep in the U.S.
- designing breeding objectives for extensive and intensive sheep management systems.
- incorporating effective and practical crossbreeding systems into range operations.
- evaluating the impact of maternal nutrition during pregnancy on immediate and lifetime performance of progeny.
- incorporating commonly available byproducts of the Northern Great Plains into lamb and ewe rations.
- determining biological, nutritional, and breed effects on the flavor profile and consumer acceptance of American Lamb.
- See publications by Dr. Tom Murphy at ResearchGate.